Frozen Past - cover for the disused chairs
- FROZEN PAST - Cover for the old chairs
Project developed during the "Innovation Studio" course, at the first year of 'Product Service System Design' master, 2012.
Prasad Bhadke - Anna Maggi - Elahe Rajabiani
- Frozen Past rethinks the idea of covering old chairs, hiding the wearing effect of time, in a different vision.
Starting from the idea to retrain the antique beauty of the aesthetically disused chairs, we have designed an inflatable cover for them, which emphasizes the sentimental and symbolic value.
The chair seems to be in a temporal bubble: the present is literally based on the past, as if different layers of time are overlapped.
- Storyboard of the application on a chair.
- The cover can unify different chairs, creating a set of products, while each piece is unique.
The product is composed by an inflatable part and a side made by elastic fabric (mesh fabric), which allows the application of “Frozen Past” on different shapes and dimensions (considering the European standards), due to its high elasticity and flexibility.
- Exhibition "Unpacked" at Politecnico di Milano, 14 february 2011
- Exhibition "Unpacked" at Cubo, Milano, 20 april 2011